Candice RAGOT is currently Catering Manager for JP Morgan for Sodexo Prestige Venues &Events in Paris.
A Vatel Paris 2013 alumnus, Candice Ragot began her career in England she has been constantly promoted in the Dorchester Collection’s Restaurant Services department.
What are your main missions?
- Managing 10 hostesses
- Organizing events for individuals or groups as well as for companies
- Coordinating with the kitchen crew and other departments in our hotel
- Promoting the two restaurants
- Training staff members and compliance with Palace category standards
What qualities are required to be successful in a job like this?
- Being detail oriented
- General organization
- Having a good team spirit
What skills did you learn how to hone by doing this job?
- Precision when hiring
- Meeting budgets
- Having team members work well together
What do you like the best about this job?
- The contact I have with guests and human relationships
- The effervescence of organizing lavish events
- Drawing up an optimal strategy for the seat turnover rate in our restaurants
What did you do from the time you left Vatel Paris up until the job you now have?
- Reservations Coordinator of the Restaurant Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester - 3 Michelin stars
- Supervisor of The Grill Restaurant
More and more human communities consider ecotourism to be a solution that promotes their way of life, and preserves their culture and biodiversity surrounding them.Read more
Martin Rousset, a Vatel Nimes student, flew to Antananarivo for Vatel Madagascar’s specialization in ecotourism management for his last MBA year.Read more
The tourism sector, one that now attracts millions of young students throughout the world, is in tune with globalizationthat is currently being overturned by inequalities and environmental threats.Read more
Vatel Rwanda started in 2016, we began to prepare the first intake for 2018, headed by Nicole Bamukunde, a Rwandese graduate of Vatel, and who has worked in startups in her country, which is totally renewing itself.Read more
This last week of November, 339 5th year students competed in English for 1st place on the podium.Read more